Five Frequently Asked Questions About CCM’s Clubs
1) How can I join a club?
It’s easier than you think:
- Check the club listing for postings about clubs social media, then reach out to the clubs. CCM Student Clubs Listing
- Ask about the club at the Virtual Campus Life Information Window.
- Sign up with the group at the “Student Club and Organization Fair” held every semester (September and February, during the “Virtual Welcome Bash”).
- Contact the club’s advisor – you can find out who that is by going to theĀ CCM Student Clubs ListingĀ page.
- Be persistent – donāt give up! New members are always welcome.
2) When do the clubs meet?
As a general rule, student clubs will meet when it is most convenient for the majority of the club’s members. Many clubs meet during what is known as ‘College Activity Hour’, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 pm – to 1:45 pm. These ‘College Activity Hours’ are periods set aside for meetings, programs, performances and special lectures.
3) Can I start a new club?
Of course you can! CCM also provides you with the opportunity to start new student organizations. Before a newĀ club can be officially recognized, theĀ organization must have a faculty or staff advisor, a constitution, a membership list of at least ten students, and a club leadership roster (president, secretary, treasurer, etc.). Assistance in preparing this paperwork can be obtained fromĀ the Office of Campus Life
4) Why should I get involved?
Here are the “TopĀ Four Reasons”:
- to learn and develop leadership skills such as decision making, problem solving, delegating and organizing;
- to get skills and experiences that will round out your resume (for the CCM graduate, a record of involvement in campus life is of proven interest to employers and to the colleges to which you might transfer);
- to meet new people and have new experiences;
- and, of course, to have fun!
5) How can I get more information about getting involved?
It’s easy – just send us an email at: email@example.com.
We’re here to help!
Office of Campus Life
County College of Morris