What Does a Career Counselor Do
- Listen to your story and your career hopes
- Provide a career assessment to help you identify your interests, values and skills
- Help you identify your strengths
- Encourage you to explore a new career and identify the training needed
- Discuss your short-term and long-term goals
- Discuss career educational opportunities
- Assist you in developing a career action plan
Career Counseling Resources
Morris County Library or your local library
What Color Is Your Parachute? by Richard N. Bolles (current edition)
If You Don’t Know Where You’re Going, You’ll Probabaly End Up Somewhere Else: Finding a Career and Getting a Life by David P. Campbell
- Individuals must meet the Displaced Homemaker criteria in order to receive career counseling services. To find out if your are eligible, complete the Enrollment Form on the left hand side of the page. For additional resources on career counseling check out the links under Career Counseling Resources.
Call 973-328-5025 or emailÂ email@example.com.