Additional Web Resources
Students With Disabilities Preparing for Post-secondary Education:
Transition of Students With Disabilities To Post-secondary Education:
AHEAD â€“ Association of Higher Education And DisabilityÂ
All About Vision
Starting college can be intimidating enough, but the idea of navigating campus and acquiring the necessary course materials becomes a whole new challenge when you’re visually impaired. We made this guide to help with the adjustment and make it as seamless as possible. The information in the guide was vetted and approved by a certified optometrist.
The guide includes info about:
- Visually impaired studentsâ€™ rights to an education
- Common obstacles faced by visually impaired students
- How colleges and universities accommodate visually impaired students
- Planning ahead for college
- Choosing the right school for you
- Best colleges for visually impaired students
- Scholarship opportunities for visually impaired college students
You may find some information helpful now, and other information helpful as you and your student move on to a four-year institution.