CCM-Sponsored Interactive Career Tools
- SkillsFirstÂ – The resume builder combines expert advice, high-quality samples and actionable job market information to help create focused, targeted resumes for every job opportunity. Use the integrated O*NET database to target resumes for specific opportunities.Â Also, over 900 occupation-specific interviews as well as nearly 2 dozen interview types (such as behavioral or the â€˜elevator pitchâ€™). There are also 100 hours of professional video coaching.
- Candid Career – Candid Career offers career information and advice on getting hired through hundreds of video interviews sorted by industries, career titles and college majors. Students can learn from professionals what it is like to do their jobs and how they got into their field.
- Career Concourse – Explore job requirements, earnings, and local opportunities. Browse career clusters that fit your background or interests. Data specific to Morris, Sussex and Warren Counties.
- What Can I Do With This Major? â€“ An online resource that connects majors to careers, describes the types of employers and industries that hire people with each major and what you need to be a more marketable candidate.
Recommended Online Resources
New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Labor Market Data – salaries, employment outlook/projections, growth occupations
- NJ Department of Labor – unemployment, temporary disability, workforce development, etc.
- New Jersey Career Connections – from local One-Stop Career Centers providing personalized resources and support.
- Vocational Rehabilitation– for Jobseekers with Disabilities
- Veterans’ Services
- Training and education opportunitiesÂ
- NJ Career Assistance Navigator – interest and skills assessment tools, resumes, and career research.
Virtual Student Federal Service – US Department of State website.Â Work from wherever you are as in intern for federal government agencies.
Indeed.com – Includes job listings from major job boards, newspapers, associations and company career pages.
ZipRecruiter.com – Uses smart matching technology to offer relevant jobs to students and alumni based on expertise, skills, and area of interest.
Careerbuilder.com â€“ Large job search engine – search by employer, by location, or by keyword.
Employment resources for targeted audiences â€“ For veterans & transitioning military, disabled workers, older workers, laid off, or ex-offenders.
Job Seekers Salary Calculator– by state, region, education, experience, and more. Offered by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
Do Your Research / Explore Careers – Learn all that you can to make the best decisions about your career.
Upgrade your skills through CCMâ€™s Career and Professional Programs continuing professional education programs.
- Employment Scams**Important
- Social Media in the Job Search
- Remote Interviews
Upgrade your skills through CCM’s Career and Professional Programs continuing professional education programs.