SAT / ACT scores
If you have taken the SAT or ACT, you may include an unofficial copy of the scores with your application. Students with the following scores, or higher, are exempt from the corresponding part of the Accuplacer Test:
- OLD SAT: If you scored 530 or higher for¬†Math** and¬†540 or higher for Critical reading on the old SAT.
- NEW SAT: If you scored 560 or higher for Math** and 590 or higher for Evidence Based Reading and Writing on the new SAT.
- ACT: If you scored 23 or higher for Math** and 23 or higher¬†for English on the ACT.
- PARCC: If you scored a 4 or 5 on the 11th grade English Language Arts PARCC test and a 4 or 5 on the Algebra 2 PARCC test.**
- If you have earned credit for college level English Composition and Mathematics courses or have completed developmental courses at another regionally accredited college.
- If you have taken the Math Accuplacer placement test at another college.¬† English Placement tests from other colleges are not accepted. Results should be sent to the¬†Testing Office for review and acceptance.
- If you meet any of the exemptions above, please submit the appropriate documentation to the Admissions Office as soon as possible. ¬†All test scores and courses taken at previous institutions must be less than 7 years old to qualify for an exemption.
**All Students who¬†are exempt from the Math section of the placement test should sit for CCM’s College Level Math (CLM) exam. The CLM exam will allow the student to test directly into college-level Pre-Calculus or Calculus without having college algebra and/or college level pre-calculus courses. .¬† Students who apply for STEM programs and are exempt from the Math section of the placement test are required to take the ¬†CLM exam.
English, math, and most science courses require online Accuplacer testing prior to registration. Many courses, however, do not, i.e., psychology, history, art, languages, music, business; see online course descriptions. If your course of interest requires online Accuplacer testing, follow the instructions in your acceptance letter to schedule the test. As stated in the program brochure, Challenger students are not permitted to register for remedial courses that may be identified by the Online Accuplacer Test.
Challenger Students can now register for courses online through Titans Direct, once they have completed the steps for admission and have received their CCM student email address and login information.¬† They will also be contacted by Amanda Ciesla in The Academic Success Center. Amanda assists Challenger students with course selection and any questions pertaining to registration.