The 411 – Learning at CCM (Orientation)
Distance Education: Tips & Tricks (short video)
- Smarthinking – Free supplemental 24/7 on demand tutoring support and resources across a wide range of subjects.Â Online tutoring is an added supplemental support service to assist all CCM students, especially those who may only be taking online and/or hybrid courses or who may not have access to campus everyday.Â Furthermore, online tutoring addresses the needs of students during the evenings, weekends, holidays, winter and summer terms, when the Center may not be open or operating with limited hours and available in-person tutors.
- ProctorU (Auto) is an online proctoring service that may be used in some of your coursesÂ This allows you to take your exam from the comfort of your home.Â This automated service is available 24/7 and does not require scheduling.Â Follow these instructions to get ready to take an exam with ProctorU.Â ProctorU highly recommendsÂ you determine your system compatibility by visiting Test-It-Out. Maintaining a strong and stable internet connection is essential (ie: make sure no one else is using the internet while you’re testing.Â Things like watching Netflix/Hulu or playing online video games will slow down the connection and may disconnect you from your exam.
WEB CONFERENCING SOFTWARE BACKGROUNDS:
- A variety of web-conferencing tools are currently being utilized at CCM.Â Instructions for changing your virtual background in MS Teams, Web Ex, Shindig & Zoom can be found here.
TECHSMITH KNOWMIA (formerly TechSmith Relay):Â
- A tool to view, create and share videos.Â Find the quick start instructions for mobile devicesÂ here and desktop here.
- SafeAssign is a plagiarism prevention service offered by Blackboard.Â Â Some faculty use it through the assignment box while logged into Blackboard.Â