The 411 – Learning at CCM (Orientation)
- View general help in Bb9.1.
- Click appropriate link for help with submitting assignments, email, taking tests, posting to discussion etc
- View additional information regarding taking tests/quizzes.
- Video tutorials are also a quick option for getting help.
- Information on using the tools in Blackboard can also be found in the Student Guide to Distance Education Handbook.
- Smarthinking – Free supplemental 24/7 on demand tutoring support and resources across a wide range of subjects. Online tutoring is an added supplemental support service to assist all CCM students, especially those who may only be taking online and/or hybrid courses or who may not have access to campus everyday. Furthermore, online tutoring addresses the needs of students during the evenings, weekends, holidays, winter and summer terms, when the Center may not be open or operating with limited hours and available in-person tutors.
- SafeAssign is a tool some faculty use through the assignment box while logged into Blackboard. If while submitting assignments through SafeAssign while logged into Blackboard, you receive a message stating “Sorry, we do not think you are logged in to SafeAssign. Your session may have timed out. If you have received this message in error, please contact your system administrator.”
Please note that the security/privacy settings on your web browser must be set up to allow for 3rd party cookies. You can change the settings by following these steps.
Click on Tools > Options > Privacy
Select “Accept cookies from sites”
Select “Accept third-party cookies”
Change “Keep until” to “they expire”
Click on Safari > Preferences > Security
Change “Accept cookies” setting it “Always”