Welcome to Distance Education at CCM
Registration for Winterim 2024 Terms Began November 6, 2023!
Winterim 4-week term begins Wednesday, December 20, 2023
Winterim 2-week term begins Tuesday, January 2, 2024
For a full listing of Winterim 2024 courses and to register, go to Titans Direct.Â In order to register, all students must complete an application for admission.Â See the admissions web link for further information.Â The last day for admitted students to register for an online course will be Wednesday, December 20, 2023.
Virtual Campus (VIR) –Virtual Campus courses are fully online courses, certificates, or programs designed to provide students quality distance education consistent with the Virtual Campusâ€™ mission statement. Unless otherwise noted, Virtual Campus courses were developed to be taught without specific meeting times.Â There is no on campus requirement.
Hybrid Instruction (VIR HB) â€“ Hybrid courses are a combination of the traditional face-to-face instruction and online sessions.Â This may include some on-campus labs with reduced in-classroom time or other instructional designs that meet the needs of the course materials.
Regardless of your chosen option, you will need access to a computer, a steady internet connection, a webcam & microphone.
REMEMBER, you cannot access your Distance Education class until after 8am on the first day of your term.
CCM campus will be closed from December 24, 2023 through January 7, 2024 (re-opening January 8th) however, your course work will continue.Â Â Â
Throughout the break, you may email email@example.com for technical issues.Â This mailbox will be checked periodically.Â The Virtual Campus will not be available on December 24th, 25th, 26th, 31st or January 1st and 2nd (please contact your professor for emergent needs).Â Please provide a detailed description of the issue you are having.Â Completing the Browser Check is the best way to determine your computers compatibility. Â You may also view Blackboard Help for help with Blackboard tools.
- The 411 â€“ Learning at CCM – Orientation modules
- Student Guide to Distance Learning
- Check Titans Direct for additional course specific information.
- Distance Education home page has additional resources, technical requirements, learning tutorials, Blackboard help, etc.
- Browser Checker to determine your computer’s compatibility with Blackboard.
- CCM Student Email –Â (firstname.lastname@example.org) for log in and getting started information.Â All registered students have CCM email.
- CCM Solution Center – this is the County College of Morris Self Service Portal Page.Â Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the software and services that CCM provides can be found here.
- TEST OF ONLINE LEARNING SUCCESS (ToOLS) to get a good idea of your “chances for success” as a online student.
Brainfuse – Free supplemental 24/7 on demand tutoring support and resources across a wide range of subjects is available.Â Online tutoring is an added supplemental support service to assist all CCM students, especially those who may only be taking online and/or hybrid courses or who may not have access to campus everyday.Â Furthermore, online tutoring addresses the needs of students during the evenings, weekends, holidays, winter and summer terms, when the Center may not be open or operating with limited hours and available in-person tutors.
Due to the expedited schedule, it is critical you log in the first day of class and immediately address any technical questions/issues.Â Keep in mind the learning tutorials and help link available for Blackboard assistance as well.
Winter books go on sale November 1st at the CCM bookstore.Â You may also order your books online at Â CCM Bookstore, but please do so no later than December 11th.Â You will need your course number and section number and must purchase the edition of your book that is required by your professor.Â The bookstore will be closed during the holiday break.