CTL Professional Development Mini-Grant
These funds support individual faculty members or collaborative projects among faculty that enhance professional development. Grants are awarded to individual faculty (full-time and part-time) to support ongoing research, reimbursement for training/professional development, the purchase of materials that are directly linked to a specific project, etc. All recipients are required to share their experiences with the CCM community.
Share format options include:
- Learning Session
Articles and Narratives will be posted on the CTL webpage.
All proposed projects must align with at least one focus of the CTL Mission. The CTL Mission Statement is below.
- The mission of the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) at the County College of Morris is to facilitate teaching excellence and academic scholarship through:
- Fostering and supporting environments, strategies, and technologies to promote excellence in teaching and learning.
- Developing and facilitating learning sessions and programs to enhance teaching and learning processes.
- Supporting accessible course design and delivery in multiple learning modalities (traditional, online and hybrid) by applying the Universal Design for Learning guidelines.
- Helping to develop a culture of evidence-based practice to support teaching and learning.
- Encouraging and supporting professional development and faculty scholarship.
- Facilitating an atmosphere of collaboration, camaraderie, inclusiveness, diversity, and recognition of peer excellence.
Professional Development Mini Grant Application Information —
If requesting funds for travel expenses, a Travel Request Form (applicant signature only) must accompany the application. The TRA form can be found via the Faculty and Staff eForms website.
- One mini-grant per faculty member per academic year.
- $1000 limit per application. Please do not duplicate any funds that you may be asking from other sources.
- First-come, first-accepted basis.
- All applications must be typed.
All applications must be received (from applicant to CTL) no later than 10 business days prior to the event/conference. Any applications received after that time will not be accepted.
Any questions, please contact the Center for Teaching and Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org, or refer to the CTL FAQ page.
The Center for Teaching and Learning will be funding four Exploratory Teaching Grants for each academic year. The purpose of this grant is to provide opportunities for faculty members to try innovative ways of teaching (i.e. interdisciplinary projects, flipped classrooms, etc.). The grant is open to full-time and part-time faculty members. CTL staff members will work with grant recipients to meet their outcomes.
At the end of the process, each faculty member will be awarded with a $500 stipend. Faculty members will also be required to share their experiences with the College community.
The Exploratory Teaching Grant Application must be typed and proper signatures obtained.
Professional Membership Grant (Closed)
The Professional Membership Grants are awarded to individual full-time faculty members for professional membership fees. Each faculty member may be awarded up to $250 per academic year for either one or multiple memberships. All grant requests must come from the CTL office. Recipients must provide an invoice with the CCM mailing address along with the Professional Membership Grant Application. All applications will be processed as payment to the the organization(s), no personal reimbursement per CCM Accounting Policy.Â The grant is awarded on a first-come, first-accepted basis. Funding is limited and will be awarded until it has been exhausted.
Association Mission Statement must accompany application.
The origination/billing address: County College of Morris, 214 Center Grove Road, Randolph, NJ 07869. The College will not be able to subsidize your membership if the address is not CCM’s.