Credit-bearing Internships are academic courses that combine your academic studies with a work experience related to your major.Â In this semester-long course, you will work with your faculty intern advisor and your employer to establish learning objectives to be achieved throughout the semester.Â The credits earned will be reflected on your transcript and the related work experience will make you more attractive to employers after graduation.
Check with your academic advisor or with the Office of Career Services to learn how the internship program can work for you.
- Be a full-time or part-time student at County College of Morris matriculated in a major offeringÂ internship credit (see below).
- Have a minimum 2.0 GPA (higher GPA requirement may be set by academic department).
- Have completed coursework in your major.
- Your work experience must be concurrent with the semester in which you are registered for the internship credit courses.
1. Application Form: Download the forms based on your major below (or stop by Career Services, SCC 118, to pick up the forms).
2. Job Description form: Choose the Position Activities form or Employer/Employee Expectations form identified for your major.
3. Secure your Faculty Intern Advisor approval on the application. If you have a job you wish to use for your internship, you can also secure faculty approval of the job at this time using the applicable Job Description form.
4. Return your completed and signed forms to the Office of Career Services, Student Community Center, room 118.Â You will register for your co-op/intern section(s) once you have secured placement and all application paperwork is complete.
Majors offering credit for Internships:
- Biotechnology / Biology
- Broadcasting, Media Studies
- Chemical Technology / Chemistry
- Computer Information Systems
- Criminal Justice (Public Safety)
- Culinary Arts & Sciences
Please visit the Dance Department for more information.
- Digital Media Technology
- Early Childhood Development/Education
- Electronics Engineering Technology & Biomedical Equipment Option
- Fire Science Technology (Public Safety)
- Graphic Design
- Hospitality Management
- Journalism, Media Studies
- Landscape and Horticultural Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
Please visit the Music Department for more information.
- Photography Technology
Office Hours and Location
Student Community Center, SCC 118
|Monday:||8:30 AM – 6:30 PM|
|Tuesday:||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday:||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Thursday:||8:30 AM – 6:30 PM|
|Friday:||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|