WELCOME TO THE TUTORING CENTER – DH156
Spring tutoring will begin on Wednesday, January 25, 2023. Monday-Thursday are in-person faculty and peer tutoring and Friday are virtual only.
FOR VIRTUAL – Students will need a webcam and audio to access their sessions. On the day of the appointment, students receive a Zoom/WebEx link to join their tutor. The Center will also have computers available with webcams and headphones if an electronic device is needed. Â Self-study (no tutor – just studying) appointments can be scheduled (click the button below).Â For weekends, holidays, after hours, and other subjects not listed here, you can use our online Smarthinking 24/7 professional tutoring system via Blackboard available in over 150 subjects.
Schedule your appointments below via our TutorTrac scheduling system. You will ONLY need your CCM credentials to log in. Allow 24 hrs. to make your appointment:
Writing (Any subject) tutoring/workshops – Writing Center
Math tutoring/workshops – Math Center
Science tutoring/workshops/focus sessions – Science Center
Self-study by Center (no tutor – just studying)
Languages & ESL
Accounting & Other Business Subjects
Speech (Any subject)
Other Subjects (these may vary by term)
Need tutoring now? Nights, holidays, or weekends? Access our 24/7 Smarthinking online tutoring system on Blackboard. Click here!
Make sure to visit our Math Center, Writing Center, & Science Center to check out our lists of available workshops, focus sessions, and weekly math review offerings throughout the term.
For any technical problems or assistance, stop by the Tutoring Center – DH-156 or call 973-328-5367 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Â
ABOUT THE TUTORING CENTER:
The Tutoring Center, located in DeMare Hall, provides an array of free academic services in a variety of subject areas. Our services include in-person one-on-one or group tutoring, academic workshops, science focus sessions, as well as a 24/7 online tutoring service via Smarthinking for allÂ CCM students. Students can also use the Center for self-study or access computers to do their work. Our goal is to help YOU achieve academic success!
- Â Faculty tutoring in all types of writing assignments for any course/subject
- Â Faculty and peer tutoring in various math and science subjects
- Â ESL & Spanish tutoring
- Â Tutoring in other subjects – available upon request
- Â Faculty speech tutoring (any course/subject) at our adjacent Storyteller’s Speech Lab
- Â Online tutoring via Smarthinking – 24/7
- Workshops and math reviews in a variety of topics
- Computer access for coursework
- A quiet place to study
Come prepared! To get the most from your 20-30 minute session, have specific questions, problems, or issues ready. You should not expect the tutor to help with homework or study for tests with you. The tutors goal is to assist in developing strategies that will strengthen your knowledge and study skills. We want to see you succeed!
Benefits of Tutoring:
- Enhances your academic skills
- Strengthens your course content knowledge
- Motivates you to do better in your classes
- Improves your attitude towards your academics
- Improves course performance
- Gives you an opportunity to sit down one-on-one with experienced CCM faculty and/or peer tutors
Location – DeMare Hall, RoomÂ 156
Phone – (973) 328-5367
Email – Tutorcenter@ccm.edu
Hours of Operation
Mondays – Thursdays – 8:30 am – 6:30 pm
Fridays – 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Check with Center for times, as these may vary based on summer term.