The Tutoring Center is operating virtually. Sessions are by appointment ONLY and facilitated via web conference WebEx or Zoom (you will need audio/webcam capabilities). Allow 24 hours to make your appointment, so the Center has enough time to send you an email reminder and confirmation. On the day/time of your appointment you will receive via your CCM email a WebEx or Zoom invite to join your tutor on your sessions (BE LOGGED IN ON TIME!).¬† In addition to tutoring appointments, the Center offers academic workshops in math, writing and science, review sessions, and 24/7 Smarthinking online tutoring.
To schedule a tutoring appointment, select one of the following links below:
DO YOU NEED WEEKLY EXTRA HELP IN MATH? ¬†Click here to see our SPRING 2021 Math Review schedule.¬†
Check out our Spring 2021 Academic Workshops by Subject
If you need tutoring assistance now, weekends, after hours, or for other subjects, visit our Smarthinking 24/7 online tutoring portal via our Blackboard course – “My Courses” – Tutoring Center: Math, Writing & Science ‚Äď¬†Click here to access Blackboard¬† .
For any technical problems or assistance, call the Tutoring Center at 973-328-5367 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.¬†
Need a quick WebEx tutorial?
ABOUT THE TUTORING CENTER:
The Tutoring Center, located in DeMare Hall, provides an array of free academic services in a variety¬†of subject areas. Our services include in-person one-on-one or group tutoring as well as online tutoring services for all¬†CCM students. Appointments can be made online (see links below) or at the Center itself. Also available are Walk-In times (no appointment needed) for math and writing (subjects and times vary), and weekly group tutoring sessions (math only). Other offerings include online tutoring via Smarthinking which is available to assist students who may be taking online courses, who may not be able to access campus, or for when the Center is closed. Our goal is to help YOU achieve academic success!
- ¬†Faculty tutoring in all types of writing assignments for any course/subject
- ¬†Faculty and peer tutoring in various math and science subjects
- ¬†ESL & Spanish tutoring
- ¬†Tutoring in other subjects – available upon request
- ¬†Faculty speech tutoring (any course/subject) at our adjacent Storyteller’s Speech Lab
- ¬†Online tutoring via Smarthinking
- Workshops and reviews in a variety of topics
- Computer access for coursework
- A quiet place to study
Come prepared! To get the most from your 20-30 minute session, have specific questions, problems, or issues ready. You should not expect the tutor to help with homework or study for tests with you. The tutors goal is to assist in developing strategies that will strengthen your knowledge and study skills. We want to see you succeed!
Benefits of Tutoring:
- Enhances your academic skills
- Strengthens your course content knowledge
- Motivates you to do better in your classes
- Improves your attitude towards your academics
- Improves course performance
- Gives you an opportunity to sit down one-on-one with experienced CCM faculty and/or peer tutors
Location – DeMare Hall, Room¬†156
Phone – (973) 328-5367
Email – Tutorcenter@ccm.edu
Hours of Operation
Mondays – Thursdays – 8:30 am – 6:30 pm
Fridays – 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Check with Center for times, as these may vary based on summer term.