Effective Spring 2018 – Math & Writing Centers will offer walk-ins (no appointments needed) certain times during the week, in addition to appointments. Click on the Math & Writing Center links or see Center staff for schedule and/or questions.
The Tutoring Center provides CCM students with an array of FREE academic enrichment services that are guaranteed to enhance their collegiate experience. The Math, Writing and Science Centers are equipped with peer and faculty tutors that will contribute to student’s academic development in a variety of subject areas.
- Assistance with all types of writing assignments and mechanics of writing in any course – Faculty tutors only
- Assistance with various types of math and science course assignments/problems – Faculty and peer tutors
- ESL tutoring
- Assistance with requests for tutoring in other subjects (currently¬†offering criminal justice & accounting tutoring – see Center for schedule)
- Quiet place to study and computer access to do work
If you wish you schedule an appointment, select one of the following:
Please contact the Tutoring Center directly in-person or by phone for information on tutoring requests and¬†appointments in other subject areas. Some academic departments may coordinate¬†their own peer tutoring,¬†so make sure you check with your professors as well.
Benefits of Tutoring:
- Enhances your academic skills
- Strengthens your course content knowledge
- Motivates you to do better in your classes
- Improves your attitude towards your academics
- Improves course performance
- Gives you an opportunity to sit down one-on-one with experienced CCM faculty and/or peer tutors
Location – DeMare Hall, Room¬†156
Phone – (973) 328-5367
Hours of Operation
Mondays – Thursdays – 8:30 am – 6:30 pm
Fridays – 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Summer – Check with Center for summer hours and available subjects for tutoring, as these will vary.