Welcome to the Tutoring Center
The Math, Writing, and Science Centers are open for the Spring 2019 Semester offering One-On-One tutoring with faculty and peer tutors as well as group review sessions, weekly recitations, workshops, and a quiet place to study. Walk-In tutoring is also available during certain times in the Math and Writing Centers (see times in the respective centers). Smarthinking, an on-line tutoring service for all CCM students, is available 24/7 and can be accessed via blackboard. Tutoring is free and open to all CCM students.
Location: DH 156
Hours: Monday – Thursday: 8:30am – 6:30pm
Friday: 8:30am – 3:00 pm
ABOUT THE TUTORING CENTER:
The Tutoring Center, located in DeMare Hall, provides an array of free academic services in a variety of subject areas. Our services include in-person one-on-one or group tutoring as well as online tutoring services for all CCM students. Appointments can be made online (see links below) or at the Center itself. Also available are Walk-In times (no appointment needed) for math and writing (subjects and times vary), and weekly group tutoring sessions (math only). Other offerings include online tutoring via Smarthinking which is available to assist students who may be taking online courses, who may not be able to access campus, or for when the Center is closed. Our goal is to help YOU achieve academic success!
- Faculty tutoring in all types of writing assignments for any course
- Faculty and peer tutoring in various math and science subjects
- ESL tutoring
- Tutoring in other subjects – available upon request
- Faculty speech tutoring at our adjacent Storyteller’s Speech Lab
- Online tutoring via Smarthinking
- Workshops and reviews in a variety of topics
- Computer access for coursework
- A quiet place to study
To schedule an appointment, select one of the following:
You can contact the Tutoring Center in-person, by phone, or by clicking here for information on tutoring requests and appointments in other subject areas. Some academic departments may coordinate their own peer tutoring, so make sure you check with your professors as well.
Come prepared! To get the most from your 20-30 minute session, have specific questions, problems, or issues ready. You should not expect the tutor to help with homework or study for tests with you. The tutors goal is to assist in developing strategies that will strengthen your knowledge and study skills. We want to see you succeed!
Benefits of Tutoring:
- Enhances your academic skills
- Strengthens your course content knowledge
- Motivates you to do better in your classes
- Improves your attitude towards your academics
- Improves course performance
- Gives you an opportunity to sit down one-on-one with experienced CCM faculty and/or peer tutors
Location – DeMare Hall, Room 156
Phone – (973) 328-5367
Hours of Operation
Mondays – Thursdays – 8:30 am – 6:30 pm
Fridays – 8:30 am – 3:00 pm