New Publication Available:Â Turn a Job Fair into a Job Offer
Pick it up in the Office of Career Services, Cohen Hall 203
NorthJersey.com’s Career Coach:Â Career fair this week. What about it?Â Job fair strategies by Eli Amdur
Then hereâ€™s a little advice:
- Ask who will be attending and research the companies you are interested in.
- Practice a brief introduction that summarizes why you want to work for them.
- Prepare questions to ask the recruiters.
- Dress appropriately.
- Prepare a resume and make sure to proofread it!
- Make eye contact.
- Visit all the tables, but go to those you are most interested in first.
- Get contact information (business cards) so you can follow up.
- Write thank you notes, mentioning parts of your conversations.