The Spring Job Fair will be held on April 10, 2019.
Check out the Job Fair Tips Below:
IS THIS YOUR FIRST JOB FAIR and JOB FAIR ETIQUETTE / TIPS
Publication Available:Â Turn a Job Fair into a Job Offer
Pick it up in the Office of Career Services, Cohen Hall 203
Then hereâ€™s a little advice:
- Do your homework; find out who will be attending and research the companies you are interested in.
- Dress appropriately.
- Arrive early; recruiters are freshest at the start.
- Visit all the tables, but go to those you are most interested in first.
- Practice a brief introduction that summarizes why you want to work for them.
- Offer a firm handshake.
- Make eye contact.
- Get contact information so you can follow up.
- Write thank you notes, mentioning parts of your conversations.
At the event
- Ask for business cards from employers who have positions that interest you.
- If an employer asks you to send your resume, remember to get his/her email and then send it. (We can help you put one together if need be.)
- Do not say you are interested in the position/company when you know that you are not. You may not want to hurt their feelings but pretending to be interested is worse.
- If you get a call for an appointment but are no longer interested in the position/company, call back to let the employer know that you are not interested.
- If you made an appointment for an interview but then change your mind, call to cancel the