CCM offers courses in Amerian Sign Language, Arabic, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Spanish; Chinese, German and Latin are also offered based on enrollment trends.
Guidelines for the Foreign Language Requirement:
- When transferred to the County College of Morris, college credits for courses in world languages can meet the language requirements of a particular degree and/or serve as a humanities elective, free elective, general education elective or global/diversity perspective requirement for graduation, provided that the language credits come from an accredited institution.
- Students who have taken CLEP tests at CCM or through a recognized testing center can apply those credits toward a degree at CCM. No other tests will be accepted in order to grant language credits at CCM.
- Students may also fulfill this requirement through departmental examination in the languages we offer. Permission from the chairperson is required for language testing.
- If a student is a native speaker of one of the languages offered, she/he may not enroll in courses of that language. However, enrollment in the advanced levels of the language is permitted in order to fulfill an elective requirement or to fulfill the Spanish Teaching Program requirements.
- A student that has taken two or more years of a world language in high school within the last three years may not enroll in the elementary level â€ś111â€ť of a language.
- A student that has taken more than three years of a world language in high school within the last three years must enroll in the intermediate level â€ś211â€ť or higher of that language at CCM.
- Students are encouraged to take a different language from the one taken in high school, if any, because of transferability issues