The advanced placement sequence is only available to students with current New Jersey Paramedic Certification. The program sequence must be followed and completed at CCM. General education requirements are prerequisites to PAR 230 and PAR 235 and must be completed prior to entering PAR 230.
All applicants to the A.A.S. Degree Paramedic Science Programâ€”Advanced Placement are required to complete the Advanced Placement Application and submit the required documentation as part of the admissions process.
Advanced standing admissions are rolling. The selective admissions process will be used if there are more advanced placement applicants than available seats for PAR 230.
- College transcripts showing paramedic coursework
- An unofficial transcript may be included with the application.Â Official transcripts must be submitted to CCM Registrar in accordance with CCM policy.
- NJ Paramedic Certification (must remain current while enrolled)
- ACLS, PALS, PHTLS certifications (must remain current while enrolled)
- Completion of ICS 100 and ICS 200 within the last 6 months
- Completion of NIMS 700 within the last 6 months
- Proof of annual clinical competency completion (must remain current while enrolled)
- Clinical clearance requirements as outlined in the Clinical Clearance Handbook.Â Admission is conditional pending clinical clearance.Â Professional Liability Insurance is required.
Clinical Manager verification is necessary to confirm the applicant
- is employed in good standing, is not under a clinical performance improvement plan, and has been granted RSI privileges as a paramedic in the State of New Jersey;
- has undergone annual performance review and evaluation, including performance, or opportunity for observation, of psychomotor skills;
- has completed a minimum of 864 hours of employment in the clinical practice setting within the calendar year prior to signing this form.