Associate of Applied Science
The Teaching Kitchen and Dining Room provided for the Hospitality Management program at CCM is one of the best in the area. It features individual work stations for each pair of students and offers a multitude of different state-of-the-art culinary learning experiences. In addition, students gain practical hands-on dining room, food and beverage management, and service experience.
The Hospitality Management program at CCM is designed to provide both academic and practical training for students interested in future management positions and for aspiring professionals already employed within the hospitality industry. The program combines specialized training and development of specific hospitality management skills. Students graduate with a relevant and contemporary education and the skillset necessary for success in the hospitality industry.
The CCM Hospitality Management and Culinary Arts department is an institutional member of the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education, the American Culinary Federation, and the Chaine des RĂ´tisseurs.
- Food service operation management including restaurants, banquet halls, cafeterias and other food establishments
- Lodging management including luxury, casino, convention, all-suite and resort hotels
- Menu preparation
- Recreation and leisure, entertainment, attractions, and special events management
- Sales and marketing in the food service field
- Senior living services, health care and retirement community management
- Supply ordering and accounting
- The support infrastructure of the hospitality industry which includes human resources, accounting, purchasing, physical plant maintenance, sales and marketing, and property management
- Travel and tourism
Becoming a member the Bailliage Joseph Donon gives you access to participate in the events we plan together with industry partner members and full rights and privileges of membership in the international Chaine des Rotisseurs. You will be inducted at an official event and receive the decorations associated with your rank as â€śRĂ´tisseursâ€ť which corresponds to your status as a student and future professional in our field.
Where You Can Go
Transfer opportunities are available for students aspiring to achieve an advanced degree in hospitality management or other studies. Upon completion of the associate degree from CCM, students may transfer to a four-year institution to further their education. Academic advisors are available to discuss articulations and transfer opportunities.
The following scholarships are available:
- ABG (Alpha Beta Gamma) Business Honor Society Scholarship
- FDU Scholarship
- John and Mary Linda Scholarship
- Michael Marino, Sr. Scholarship
- NJSCPA Hospitality Scholarship
- NRAEF ManageFirst Program Scholarship
Professor Mark Cosgrove
Chairperson, Hospitality Management and Culinary Arts