Faculty and Staff Resources
Below are some of the services that Career Services offers to the campus community.Â We are also happy to create a customized presentation for your class either virtually or in-person.
Services for Faculty
Job Connect is a job listing system for employers to post job opportunities for CCM students and graduates, as well as Workforce Development and Women’s Center clients.Â CCM faculty and staff may also have access to this system in one of two ways:
- Administrative access – full access with administrative rights and screens.
- Student access – screens and access match what the students sees.Â Request access to the student test account.
If you would like an account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get set up.
Career Services staff is available to facilitate presentations.Â Let us know how we can help.Â Here are some suggestions:
- Creating a resume using Optimal Resume
This resume builder combines expert advice, high-quality samples and actionable job market information to help create focused, targeted resumes for every job opportunity. Use the integrated O*NET database to target resumes for specific opportunities.Â Instructional video.
- Interviewing skills using Skills First
Over 900 occupation-specific interviews as well as nearly 2 dozen interview types (such as behavioral or the ‘elevator pitch’). There are also 100 hours of professional video coaching.Â Custom interviews can be created for your classes by recording specific questions and/or accessing the keyword searchable 12,240+ database of Skills First questions.
- Researching careers using Candid Career
Candid Career offers career information and advice on getting hired through hundreds of informational interview videos, sorted by industries, career titles and college majors.Â Students can learn from professionals in the real world what it is like to do their jobs and how they got into their field.
- Customize a program to fit your class.
We will customize an in-class program to cover career-related topics such as career readiness, identifying skills, employment opportunities, and more.
- Speakers during Career Week (annually in November)
Guest speakers and panels throughout Career Week offers a unique opportunity for students to learn directly from industry professionals.Â We can help coordinate and advertise a speaker or panel as part of or external to classroom time.
On-Campus Student Aide Program
Career services can help you find a student aide for your department and also manages the hiring process for on-campus student employment.
- Student Employee Supervisor Information Sheet
- Student Aide Hiring Procedures
- Employment Dates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Available On-Campus Jobs for Students.
Our Services and Programs for Students
Below is a summary of some of the services and programs we offer to students. If you have a student preparing for employment, whether it be on campus or off, please refer them to us.
You can also offer links to our student pages:
- Experiential Education and Internships
- Job Search Assistance (including resume and interview assistance)
- Recruiting Events and Job Fairs
- On-Campus Student Employment Program
- Becoming ‘Career Ready’
- Career Week, an annual event in November with speakers and panels on career-related topics.
- CCM-Sponsored Career Tools:
- SkillsFirst – The resume builder combines expert advice, high-quality samples and actionable job market information to help create focused, targeted resumes for every job opportunity. Use the integrated O*NET database to target resumes for specific opportunities. Also, over 900 occupation-specific interviews as well as nearly 2 dozen interview types (such as behavioral or the â€˜elevator pitchâ€™). There are also 100 hours of professional video coaching.
- Candid Career – Candid Career offers career information and advice on getting hired through hundreds of video interviews sorted by industries, career titles and college majors. Students can learn from professionals what it is like to do their jobs and how they got into their field.
- Career Concourse – Explore job requirements, earnings, and local opportunities. Browse career clusters that fit your background or interests. Data specific to Morris, Sussex and Warren Counties.
- What Can I Do With This Major? â€“ An online resource that connects majors to careers, describes the types of employers and industries that hire people with each major and what you need to be a more marketable candidate.